Concord police charge 23-year-old homeless man with downtown stabbing


Monitor staff

Published: 09-21-2023 6:05 PM

A two-hour manhunt began in downtown Concord early Thursday morning after a homeless resident of the city stabbed two individuals on South Main Street and fled the scene, police said.

Concord police responded to the area of Hotel Concord around 8:20 a.m. after a masked and hooded man, approached a couple sitting in their vehicle and began pounding on their window, police said. When the pair exited the vehicle, the man brandished a knife, threatened them and stabbed them before fleeing the scene.

Later in the morning police located and arrested Victor Manns, 23, charging him with two counts of second-degree assault, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon and falsifying physical evidence, all felonies, and breach of bail, a misdemeanor.

Manns has a criminal history and was most recently arrested in June and charged with simple assault after an incident on Storrs Street and in August on another simple assault charge after an incident on Loudon Road.

Both victims suffered lacerations and one was transported to Concord Hospital with minor injuries. They were visiting from out-of-town at the time of the attack, police said.

In response to the incident, Concord High School closed its campus as a precaution to prevent anyone from entering or exiting the school in an effort to keep students and staff safe, said Principal Tim Herbert in an email to parents. The campus was reopened after the arrest was made.

Article continues after...

Yesterday's Most Read Articles

Teachers resist plan to combine Mill Brook, Broken Ground principals
NH doctor works to rebuild online reputation after TikTok spreads false news
Stacy Wakefield dies less than 5 months after her husband, Tim Wakefield
One last plea to save historic home: Norris House on Main Street due to be torn down soon
Free house for grabs – historic home is all yours, if you can move it
High schools: MV boys win on Simonds buzzer-beating 3 in OT, Pembroke also advances in D-II

Manns remains held without bail and will be arraigned on Friday at 1 p.m. in Merrimack County Superior Court.